Health Services Research Support
HCRS is proud to be helping in the search for "what works" in reforming healthcare.
HCRS provides expert data abstraction, data analysis, medical coding and auditing, project management and logistical support services to assist researchers and Federal and State Agencies. Our current and recent projects include:
- IMPAQ International (supporting the Maryland Health Care Commission):
- Maryland Patient Centered Medical Home Demonstration. We are providing project management and logistical support to a longitudinal evaluation of the effect of the Maryland PCMH initiative on costs, outcomes, practice culture and practice and patient satisfaction.
- RTI International (supporting the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality):
- Medicare Advantage Resource Use Predictive Modeling. We "backwards" mapped ICD-10 to ICD-9 codes to allow this model to accept ICD-10 as well as ICD-9 data from Medicare Advantage Plans
- Text String Coding for the MEPs survey (supporting the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality). We turned narrative data into codes for input into this survey, which provides official data on US healthcare expenditures for public policy use.
- Advanta Healthcare Partners (supporting the Maryland Healthcare Commission):
- Hospital HAI validation study. We assisted in validating the reports of Healthcare Associated Infections submitted by Maryland Hospitals to MHCC.
- Truven Analytics (supporting the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA): Participated in a comparative study of state All-Payer Claims Databases (APDCs) by surveying states about their experience incorporating Medicare data. Report to the state included detailed state-by-state analysis, lessons learned and “best practices,” and conclusions and considerations for Massachusetts to take into account in integrating the Medicare data.